THE ENTRY PROCESS
The process for entering the European Wind Investment Awards is easy. So, after you’ve decided which of the categories you want to enter, you can do the following…
1. Visit the entry page;
2. Download the awards entry form and fill in it;
3. Fill in the online form with your basic details;
4. Upload the awards entry form and any supporting material;
5. Click ‘submit entry’;
6. A confirmation message will appear to let you know that your entry has been received.
AFTER YOU CLICK ‘SUBMIT ENTRY’...
After you submit your awards entry, the team at A Word About Wind will review it to ensure that the entry is complete and they have all the information they need.
If any information is missing or unclear, the team will get in contact with you to sort it out.
You won’t be asked to resubmit the full application and you won’t be charged twice if something is amiss.
Once the team has everything they need, they will invoice you.
If you are a member and need to make payment for additional entries above your allowance, a member from A Word About Wind will be in touch.
If you are not a member, the A Word About Wind team will be in touch to take payment for your entries.
PAYING FOR THE ENTRY
You won’t be asked to pay when you submit your entry but you will be asked to enter the discount code if you are A Word About Wind member.
Members of A Word About Wind are entitled to:
• 1 free nomination with the code EWIAsilver1 (Silver Members)
• 2 free nominations with the code EWIAgold3 (Gold Members)
• 5 free nominations with the code EWIAplat5 (Platinum Members)
• 10 free nominations with the code EWIAcorp10 (Corporate Members)
For non-members, and for members seeking to make further entries, each entry will cost the standard price of £150.00 + VAT
The team will send you an invoice once all the required information has been submitted.
THEN WHAT HAPPENS?
The deadline for awards entries is Friday 28th June.
1st July: Judges receive login details to review the entries in their category. Each judge will score the entry. Team and individual categories are scored out of a possible 50 points. Entries in the innovation category will be scored out of 30.
24th July: The judging session will take place. Judges will discuss the top 5 highest-scoring entries in each category.
26th July: The shortlist will be announced. Shortlisted companies will be notified by email.
31st October: The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony.
WHAT ABOUT CONFIDENTIALITY AND IMPARTIALITY?
To ensure that our awards are impartial, ethical and transparent, we ask that our judges sign a charter agreeing to:
• dedicate sufficient time to fairly read, judge and score the entries
• delete all judging materials and marks immediately after the judging period
• declare any conflicts of interest
• not allow personal relationships or experiences to influence judging
• keep judging discussions confidential contained only to the judging panel
• not share confidential material, judging papers or entries with anyone
• not notify anyone that they have won or that they are shortlisted ahead of the official announcements
• not give any feedback to entrants as to why they have not won or were not shortlisted – all requests for feedback must be directed to the organisers.
SO WHAT DO I DO BETWEEN NOW AND 31ST OCTOBER?
Once you’ve submitted your entry and booked tickets, acquaint yourself with the format for the awards ceremony.
18.30 - Drinks reception
19:00 - Call for dinner
19:15 - Welcome speeches
19:30 - Dinner
21:30 - Awards
22:30 - Close & after party
00:30 - Event ends
You could also consider booking accommodation. We have partnered with St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London to host our awards ceremony. There are a limited number of guest rooms available to book online at a discounted rate.
If you have any further questions, visit the European Wind Investment Awards site. You can contact us directly through the chat feature on the site.